I proofread writing by checking for errors and inconsistencies in punctuation, spelling, grammar, context and sense. Once I have found the errors, I suggest corrections and changes.
My CIEP proofreading training (see About how I can help you) taught me to:
- use BSI Symbols and PDF tools;
- check writing both on screen using track changes in Word and commenting in Adobe Reader, as well as on hard copy (paper).
All you have to do is:
- Contact me to make initial enquiries and discuss your requirements, sending me a small sample (minimum of 1,000 words) from the middle of the document to give me an idea of the subject and quality of the writing.
- I give a no-obligation quote for the job depending on the level of intervention.
- The document will be proofread, within a given time frame, with clear corrections, any queries, and an invoice sent.
- Payment of the invoice will be by bank transfer.
Code of Practice
I follow the Code of Practice of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP), Ensuring Editorial Excellence, available here.
These ‘Before’ and ‘After’ examples of a 1,000 word sample will give an idea of the value I can add as a proofreader.