Note: During the Coronavirus lockdown period from March 2020, I have transferred tuition lessons online using Zoom. See my virtual classroom
I tutor children aged 8-11 on a 1-1 basis. My specialism is those who need a boost in self-esteem in Maths and English, including reading, spelling, punctuation, grammar, handwriting, and writing composition. I give children confidence when covering Year 6 SATs.
I am proud of the success I have achieved in improving children’s learning and self-esteem, using praise and encouragement.
- We are so pleased with our son’s school report. It’s such an improvement in what has been a strange and disruptive year. The improvement in English has been dramatic, showing he is well above where he was expected to be. He is now at the highest level, which is all thanks to you, Annie! (Nick) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Annie has been tutoring our daughter for about a month and I can already see a big difference in her Math skills. She really enjoys and looks forward to the lessons and we find Annie’s progress reports extremely useful. We will definitely recommend her. (Athena) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Annie is a fun, calm, creative and experienced tutor who immediately put my son at ease. He looks forward to her English and Maths lessons and loves her ideas and games. We would definitely recommend her. (Diana) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blog posts about education
In addition, I have written a few blog posts about teaching and tuition. And I recommend other educational bloggers who I have discovered in my research. Here is my latest blog post about education.
My career in the primary classroom
In my previous 30-year classroom career, I taught at the following primary schools. Most recent first:
- Bocking Church Street Primary School, Braintree, Essex (10 years, from 2005–2015)
- Dunmow St Mary’s Primary School, Great Dunmow, Essex (11 years, 1994–2005)
- Supply teaching in various schools in Essex and Ayrshire from 1991–1993
- Literacy Co-ordinator at Rodings Primary School, Leaden Roding, Essex. (1989–1991)
- My first teaching job was at Woodgrange Infants School, Forest Gate, Newham, East London (1987–1989).
I have a current DBS check with The Tutors’ Association.